About the association
Patients association with Pulmonary Hypertension was established in 2014. It is a non-governmental association, without patrimonial purpose, representative at national level, independent.
The first purpose of association is patients representation with pulmonary hypertension in their relationship with public authorities, with other organizations, in order to ensure their access to diagnosis and adequate treatment, specialized medical aide, social protection and integration in society.
Among principals objectives of the association are: support, education and patients information with pulmonary hypertension, like defending their rights and interests.
The association is implicated active in supporting, informing and education of associated members through:
- Conferences and information congresses;
- Editing and distribution of materials with information;
- Awarding scholarships,
The association has a general assembly, which is the leading body composed by all members regardless of their quality.
The general assembly has the following competencies:
- Establishes the strategy and general objectives of the association;
- Approves the budget of revenues and expenditures and the balance sheet;
- Elects and revokes the members of the Board of Directors;
- Elects and revokes the Censors Commission;
- Approves the establishment of subsidiaries;
- Approves the amendment of the articles of association and the statute
- Approves affiliation / association with other non-governmental organizations working to protect the property and interests of the parties.
All members of the Association have the right to vote.
National and international affiliations
The association is a member of National Alliance of rare Disease, of Coalition of Patients Organization with Chronic Disease from Romania.
Internationally, the Association of Patients with Pulmonary Hypertension is a member of European Association of Patients with Pulmonary Hypertension.
Bogdan Burduja, the president of Romanian Association is, also, a member of the board of European Association of Patients with Pulmonary Hipertension.